The one-stop resource for all your commercial insurance needs
For residential, commercial, and trade contractors, a Builders Mutual Workers’ Compensation insurance policy protects a company’s most valuable asset — its employees. Accidents happen, and when they do, you want an insurance company focused on getting injured workers the medical care and rehabilitation they need to get back on the job-site.
Available as monoline coverage, or as part of a comprehensive multiline account, the Workers’ Compensation policy provides coverage for medical care, physical rehabilitation, and lost wages for workers injured on the job. Optional coverages include United States Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (USL&H) for over-the-water exposures, specific and blanket options for Waiver of Subrogation, and Material Coverage Change or Cancellation Notification.
For larger trade contractors, with payrolls of more than $1,000,000, as well as general contractors, our CPP is not so much a policy, but a competitive package of automatic yet flexible coverages. General Liability is at the core of the CPP, and can be packaged with Property, Inland Marine and/or Crime. When the package consists of General Liability and Property, the following features are included:
- Business Income and Extra Expense Coverage
- Personal Property at Other Locations
- Installation Coverage
- Automatic Coverage for most commonly requested additional insureds
- Contractors Tools
- Owned and Borrowed Equipment
- Computer Equipment (including laptops)
- Pollution Clean-Up
- Lock Replacement
- Money and Securities
- Accounts Receivable
For residential, commercial, and trade contractors, a Builders Mutual General Liability insurance policy protects your business assets from covered claims for which you are found legally liable. Available separately or as the core of a package policy, the basic General Liability policy provides coverage for bodily injury, property damage, advertising and personal injury liability, and medical payments. Specific coverages provided include premises/operations liability, products/completed operations liability (covering independent contractors and contractual liability), options for employee benefits liability coverage, and coverage for property in your care, custody, and control. In the event of a covered claim, General Liability also provides legal defense costs for the insured business.
Options for your General Liability policy include:
- Standard General Liability is designed for residential and commercial general contractors, as well as for trade contractors that do not meet eligibility requirements for our Trade Contractor Program.
- Trade Contractor Program provides even more great coverage—at a lower composite rate. Both residential and commercial trade contractors qualify with no maximum payroll limitation. Our Trade Contractor Program does not include a subcontracted work property exclusion for the GL (CG2294) or Commercial Umbrella (CU2264).
Builders Mutual's Property coverage is a far-reaching policy essential to any builder. Coverage includes buildings or structures (such as offices, storage buildings, and other structures used by the business), business personal property (including furniture, equipment, and other property on the premises) and property of others in your control. The policy also includes additional coverages for debris removal, preservation of property, fire department service charges and pollution clean-up and removal. Optional coverages like replacement cost and inflation guard are also available. Property coverage can be further enhanced when included as part of a CPP.
Our Inland Marine policy is a specialized series of coverages suited to the more individualized needs of certain builders. It covers the contractors for loss of tools, machinery and equipment, fine arts, signs, scheduled property, accounts receivable and valuable papers and records. Also available is electronic data processing coverage. This enhances your computer coverage by extending the policy to the information contained within, rather than just covering the unit itself. A specific policy for specific needs, Inland Marine can be written as part of a CPP.
Builders Mutual's Crime policy is designed to provide some of the most extensive coverage available, including employee theft, forgery and alteration, robbery, and burglary. Crime insurance covers three types of property related to running your business: money (currency, checks, bank notes and money orders); securities (negotiable instruments and contracts representing money or other property); and other tangible property with intrinsic value. Crime coverage can be written as part of a CPP.
Indispensable to contractors on the road, our Commercial Auto policy provides coverage for a variety of business-related vehicles, such as pick-up trucks, vans, dump trucks, box trucks, and trailers. Designed for protection in conjunction with other business property coverage, coverages including liability, physical damage, medical payment, and uninsured motorists are available for owned, non-owned, hired, temporary, substitute, and newly acquired autos whether trucks or private passenger vehicles.
Builders Risk provides ﬂexible property coverage during the course of construction for general contractors working on a variety of projects, including: new residential, new commercial, or renovation and remodeling. Builders Risk coverage also includes scaffolding, temporary structures, theft of materials, debris removal, pollution cleanup and removal, fences, trees, and outdoor property. Proﬁt can be included if desired.
There are three options for your Builders Risk Policy:
- Enhanced Builders Risk (EBR) One-Shot is a one-shot Builders Risk product appropriate for residential and commercial builders who desire one policy per location.
- Monthly Reporting/Monthly Rate Builders Risk is appropriate for the residential home builder, with more than 10 starts per year, whose average project completion is four months or less.
- Monthly Reporting/Annual Rate is appropriate for the residential home builder, with more than 10 starts per year, whose average project completion is greater than four months.
Our Umbrella Liability coverage is available to provide peace of mind protection for your liability exposures and is available for Commercial General Liability, Employers Liability, and Automobile Liability.
* Workers' Compensation is the only line of business in Florida